OFF THE BEAT Licencing Agreement
“Are OFF THE BEAT soundbanks and sample packs royalty-free?”
- OFF THE BEAT preset packs, sound banks, and sample packs are 100% royalty-free and you can use them for commercial work/releases as well.
- Rendering the project files (or templates) and releasing the exact songs as your own original content is prohibited.
- However, using the samples, presets, loops, rhythms, melody parts, etc included in the project files is perfectly acceptable.
- Redistribution of the banks and packaging are strictly prohibited.
- If you’re not sure you fully understand the scope of this license or have any further questions regarding copyrights and royalty, email info (at) off-the-beat.com
All rights not expressly granted to the user of project files, templates and sounds are reserved.
- All rights not expressly granted to the user are reserved.
- This license is granted for a single user only (and is given on a worldwide basis).
- All copying, lending, duplicating, re-selling or trading of this product or its content is strictly prohibited.
- The license is non-exclusive and is granted for the full period of copyright protection and sound samples.
- Purchasing and opening the product constitutes your acceptance of these terms
Most common question:
Q: Can I incorporate sound elements of the templates/project files into my own tracks/compositions, if I completely change the melodies and chord progressions?
A: Yes, this is possible, but you need to change the melodies and chord progressions more than 50% to the original template files.
You may not:
- take the project files as they are and release them (on a record label or something similar) under your name
- directly or indirectly license, sub-license, sell or resell the Item, or redistribute the work alone (even for free), or any of these things.
- Register the copyrights under yourself or a company
You may use it to:
- learn music production tricks with our templates/project files designed for educational purposes
- reverse engineer the music production process and use it as a foundation for your own productions
- using the sounds, presets, samples partly in your own productions
- using parts in your own tracks
- using parts for non-profit videos
- using files in a live or radio DJ set
- incorporate sound elements of the templates/project files into your own tracks/compositions, if you completely change the melodies and chord progressions (you need to change the melodies and chord progressions more than 50% to the original template files – no shazam or other detecting services should be able to recognize any similarities to original PML work)
Get in touch via email for further questions / licensing offers.