Amazing Free Serum Presets – The Ultimate List
Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you, the biggest, the best, the most elaborate list of free Serum presets available on the internet!! Drops mic…. Look, it probably isn’t the biggest, best or most elaborate list, but it definitely is a great place to find some great free presets.
I have spent days upon days upon days scouring the interweb looking for hidden gems you might have missed. And I must say I have come across some beauties. I find the best presets are those made by the small independent artists, like you and me.
Where to buy Serum
There are two options for buying Serum.
- Serum will run you $189USD from the official Xfer Records website. This might be a little steep for most of us but if you are the type of person who likes to pay things off in one go then you can purchase Serum HERE.
- The second option is Splices Rent-to-Own option. This will run you $9.99USD for 19 months which works out to be the same price anyway. I went with this option for the first year, when I was low on money, then decided to pay off the remainder in one hit when I had the funds. Visit the Splice website HERE.
How to install Free Serum presets
Keeping your presets folder clean is like keeping your bedroom clean. A clean room/presets folder = a clean mind. There is nothing worse than wasting your precious time and inspiration searching for that stab preset with a weird name you can never remember.
Make sure you keep everything organized and easy to access.
Lets quickly look at how to install your new free presets:
- Open up your daw.
- Load an instance of Serum.
- Click Serums drop-down menu and click the ‘Show Serum Presets folder’.
- In this window navigate to the folder called ‘User’. If you don’t see one, make one.
- In the ‘User’ folder add all your new free serum presets. Keep them in their folders so you remain organized.
- Also in the ‘User’ folder, create another folder called ‘My Presets’, and store the presets YOU make there.
- Close the window and go back to Serum, click the Preset dropdown menu and navigate to the ‘User’ directory.
- Double click the desired serum preset to load and your good to go.
It’s that easy.
Ok, that’s enough talking about Serum, Let’s dive in and take a look at the Free Serum Presets, sorted by genre.
If you can’t seem to find the perfect serum preset you’re looking for in this list, you can always try and make it yourself. Sound design takes a heck of a lot of practice but it’s one of the most important aspects of music production.
It took me years to understand sound design and I could not have done it without the help of the free resources available. There is a tone of awesome YouTube channels dedicated to sound design using Serum.
Let’s take a look at a few:
Serum is still one of the most powerful software synthesizers on the market in 2019, so it’s the perfect synth to learn like the back of your hand. Learn Serum inside out by trying to re-create your favorite synth presets, or favorite sounds from your favorite artists.
If you can make any sound you hear, that is power.
Want to check out some of my other freebie lists?
- Amazing Free Kontakt Libraries
- Free High-Quality Vocal Samples
- Free MIDI Files – The Ultimate List
- Amazing Free Serum Skins
That about sums it up, so as always, good luck and happy producing.